1 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed and cut to 3 inch long pieces
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add the green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes.
3. The beans should be just barely cooked through and still crisp.
4. Prepare a large bowl of ice water while the beans are cooking.
5. Remove beans from hot water and place into ice bath to stop the cooking.
7. Place the green beans and red onion in a large bowl.
8. Toss in the olive oil to coat.
9. Sprinkle in the balsamic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
10. Top with chopped walnuts to serve.