6 cups chicken broth
1 tsp Sriracha, or to taste
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 avocado, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and black pepper
1. Pour broth into big, heavy saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in Sriracha.
3. While broth heats, dice chicken into bite-size pieces.
4. Slice scallions, separating white and crisp green parts.
5. When broth is simmering, stir in chicken and white part of scallions.
6. Crush in garlic. Bring back to a simmer, turn burner to low, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Salt and pepper the soup to taste. Ladle into bowls.
8. Now divide avocado and sliced green scallion shoots among bowls, and serve.