Â¾ cup applesauce
4 eggs, whisked
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 cup tapioca flour (or arrowroot powder)
1 cup Formulx Vanilla Protein Powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Â¼ teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
maple syrup, to garnish
coconut whipped cream, to garnish
1. Whisk together applesauce, eggs, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
2. Add tapioca flour and whisk until combined.
3. Then add protein powder and whisk again to combine.
4. Lastly, add baking soda, cinnamon and a pitch of salt and mix well.
5. Pour batter into the waffle iron (greased, if needed) and cook until crispy.
6. Repeat with the rest of the batter. My batter made 6 round waffles.
7. Garnish with coconut whipped cream and maple syrup.