2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 lbs frozen or fresh cauliflower florets
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
5 cups of water or vegetable broth
20 saffron threads
1. Sautée onion and garlic in olive oil on a soup pot, over medium heat, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower florets, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 10-12 minutes
3. Add 5 cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer until cauliflower is tender, 20-25 minutes.
4. Turn off heat. Add saffron, stir and cover. Let the saffron steep for about 20 minutes.
5. Blend soup in a blender until creamy.