1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut (fine)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
Zest of 1 orange
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp rice malt syrup or raw honey (for those on IQS program, use rice malt syrup)
1/2 cup fresh raspberries plus extra to have on the side
1. Preheat oven to 175-180 Â°C/350 Â°F. Grease an 8 inch springform cake tin with coconut oil and place a round piece of baking/parchment paper on the bottom.
2. Combine almond meal, desiccated coconut, coconut flour and baking powder in a large baking bowl, making sure there are no clumps.
3. Whisk eggs in a another bowl until frothy. Add orange zest, vanilla, melted coconut oil (I warmed it up in a small saucepan), orange and lemon juice, and rice malt syrup or a sweetener of your choice. Whisk well, for about a minute.
4. Pour and whisk the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Combine and fold together well, until thick and well incorporated. Transfer the mixture into the prepared cake tin, scrapping every last bit from the sides.
5. In a snail pattern, insert raspberries almost all the way through and place the cake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.