September Athlete of the Month - Ulyses Ortega
Published September 1, 2016
1. Name and stats:
Ulyses Ortega , age 25. No kids
2. How did you find yourself at Oceanside CrossFit and when did you join?
I joined CrossFit in November 2015. It was suggested to me by our very own coach Jason. I had always heard about it and decided to give it a try--best decision ever!
3. What lifting/ exercise background did you have before joining OCF?
I did basic gym lifting but not correctly until I learned the proper lifting from the trained coaches at OCF. I also thought I was in shape.
4. What did you notice in the first three months and how were you affected?
The first three - four months kicked my butt physically and mentally. Personally, the mental part was more challenging.
5. What accomplishments are you most proud of at OCF so far?
I’m most proud of being able to do ring muscle ups and recently being able to do almost all of the workouts as prescribed without scaling or modifying them do to inability.
6. What do you like best about OCF?
I like the people and coaches best. They keep me motivated and coming back every day.
7. What are your current short and long term goals?
Long term I would love to compete and even coach in the future because of how fun it is, how it truly changes lives and how it bonds the community.
LIFTS BEFORE CORSSFIT/ CURENT:
DEADLIFT : 195LBS/ 365LBS
BEANCH PRESS : 185LBS/ 220LBS
BACK SQUAT : 220LBS/ 255LBS
FRONT SQUAT: ZERO/ 245LBS
SNATCH: ZERO/ 155LBS