February Athlete of the Month - Monica Delgado
Published February 12, 2020
1. Name and stats (optional): age, job/ school, interests, etc.
-interests: weightlifting in the corner with my team.
2. How did you find yourself at OCF and when did you join?
Family friend Veronica Jimenez convinced me after a year or so to join her gym.
3. Weightlifting/ exercise background before joining OCF?
I started CrossFit at double barrel in 2016 and from then found weightlifting and fell in love chasing bigger numbers in snatch and clean and jerk.
4. What did you notice in the first three months and how were you affected (mentally, physically, etc)?
I was a little shy coming into OCF but I realized quickly how friendly and what a great community OCF was! Everyone was super helpful and supportive, especially the coaches.
5. What accomplishments are you most proud of at OCF so far and what do you enjoy most about working out now?
My biggest accomplishment at OCF was qualifying for Nationals for weight lifting in March. Best thing about it would have to be traveling with me team to compete together.
6. What do you like best about OCF?
OCF feels like a home, everyone is very welcoming and friendly.
7. What are your current short and long-term goals?
In the short term id like to lose 5 pounds in order to make weight at nationals, and long term goal would be to hit a higher total at a national meet.
Deadlift : 275
Back squat :245
Snatch : 155
Clean and jerk: 177
Front squat : 225